Plate heat exchangers use corrugated plates grouped between a fixed and a movable pressure plate.
Plate heat exchangers have large amounts of heat transfer surface as almost all of the material is used for heat transfer, giving it a relatively small footprint. The thermal capacity of a plate heat exchanger can sometimes be five times larger than that of a shell and tube heat exchanger. Our plate heat exchangers combine the best design features to ensure prolonged, effective performance and customer satisfaction.
We have a vast range of plates from very small to very big, with different corrugation and corrugation depth, sealing technology, pressure and temperature class as needed to suit the application.
- To assure turbulent flow and exceptional fluid distribution across the entire surface, a unique corrugation pattern is pressed onto each plate which provides the highest possible overall heat transfer rate.
- Close temperature approach requirements are feasible due to true counter current flow and a high heat transfer rate.
- Precise fitting of the high quality gaskets in the plate grooves provide positive sealing and make maintenance easy.
- Proper fit during the closing of the unit is ensured using a superior clip-on gasket system
- Double sealing design prevents the possibility of mixing the two process fluids; leak detect feature ensures any leakage is to the atmosphere
- Double sealing design removes chances of the process fluids mixing; leak detect feature reveals any leakage and ensures leaks are always to the atmosphere.
- Zinc coated hardware prolongs effective life and reduces need for maintenance.
- All bolted construction eases maintenance.
- Quick response to heating and cooling demands are met through Low volumetric fluid hold-up, all while eliminating the need for more expensive process fluids.
- Flexible setup means expansion for greater capacities, or reapplying the heat exchanger for a new use, happen without delay.
- Available in all shapes and sizes to meet your demands, whether they be industrial, HVAC, power of food industry applications
-29°C – 200°C
Vacuum to 30bar
In excess of 4,500m³/h
Up to DN500
AISI 304 stainless steel (1.4301)
AISI 316L stainless steel (1.4404)
AISI 316TI stainless steel (1.4571)
AISI 904 stainless steel, SMO 254, Nickel alloys, pure nickel, Ti and Ti-Pd alloy
0.4 mm to 1.15 mm
Nitrile rubber gasket, EPDM rubber,
HNBR, NBR-HT, FPM/FKM, butyl, PTFE coated (SIGMACOAT), food industry certified gasket, AFM hard gaskets, others available
SIGMAFIX adhesive-free gasket, or glued gasket
Painted carbon steel, or stainless steel (solid and clad)
Studded with option for liner, flanges (ANSI, DIN), food stuff connections
Ti, SMO, hastelloy, and 904L, others available
Codes and Standards
ASME, PED, ABS, LRS, GL, BV, GOST
Sigma Series Numbers
- SIGMA M 7
- SIGMA M 9
- SIGMA M 13
- SIGMA K 17
- SIGMA M 25
- SIGMA M 26
- SIGMA M 27
- SIGMA M 35
- SIGMA M 36
- SIGMA M 37
- SIGMA K 38
- SIGMA K 48
- SIGMA M 55
- SIGMA M 56
- SIGMA K 60
- SIGMA K 64
- SIGMA M 65
- SIGMA M 66
- SIGMA M 76
- SIGMA K 85
- SIGMA M 96
- SIGMA M 106
- SIGMA K 108
- SIGMA K 114
- SIGMA M 136
- SIGMA K 138
- SIGMA M 149
- SIGMA M 156
- SIGMA M 229